July 22, 2008

Poem: Goodbye Flowers

- Contributed by R.K.




Goodbye flowers
Summer days pass
I still see the flowers today

But the consequence of Fall
Is very strict
So they will pass away

Say Good-bye to the red roses
The flowers' sweet poses
Summer makes you gay

Tomorrow watch
The trees grow bare
Green leaves are now crisp
 How lucky I am to see one last day of summer
Soon it will change in a wisp

Farmers prepare for Fall
Now that I am done admiring
I sit on the stone wall

Think about all the flowers
And say goodbye again



- Accepted for publication in the book 
'A Celebration of Poets', due 
to be released in Fall 2012

14 comments:

Michael Netter said...

Very poetic in the best sense of the word. he gets the medium. Pretty darn good!

Keith Scheer said...

This is truly amazing! Talented and thoughtful!

Tim Shannon said...

When I was this age, II never lifted my nose out of a comic book!

Kathy Petersohn said...

Handsome and clever - look out ladies!

John Currie said...

6th grade! Wow.

Gautaman said...

Simple and neat!

Elaine Karas said...

Wow, I’m thrilled.  How exciting.
I’m not very surprised, even as a child, his explanations were always poetic.

SR Kolluri said...

We are proud of his poetic excellence, May the boy have the Grace of the Lord to mature for greater achievements.

Poorna said...

"wow!! in depth thinking.. really nice!"

Subbu said...

Chip off the old block .....

Satish Challa said...

Great - congratulations to Rahul!

SSR said...

Pl convey my warmest greetings to Rahul.
May he blossom into a renowned poet.

Dutt Bulusu said...

Congratulations. Nice poetry for someone so young. Keep it up Rahul.

CKS said...

A chip of the chip of the block?
-3G version of the old metaphor! :)
congratulations!

Post a Comment