September 01, 2010

Poem (By RK): Two Brothers

Two brothers stood in a lot
Gazing above, lost in thought

One said that they will die
The other said, why, oh brother, why?

The brother smiled and said
Birth is the start of the cycle of life
Life
is the dead middle
Death is a phase, but not the end
The after life is the end of the cycle
Where you return and it starts again

But why brother, tell me why
Do I know this and you do not?

The other said
We are opposites
We are the gaps
Of each other's potential

Like Chocolate and Vanilla
Like Sun and Moon
Like Life and Death

What you are
I am not
And what I am
You are not

And thus . . .

The two brothers sat
Lost in thought



---------

8 comments:

DB said...

Poetical
Expression is admirable

Philosophical touch is
Simply astonishing!

PN said...

Excellent....

Pulliku pirantharhu poonai aagumaa?

Meen kuttiku neentha kathukudukanumaa?

MA said...

I'm not sure if I am happy or sad!! Such issues we pondered much later in life or when we read Ayn Ryan under some serious influences !

MS said...

Great poem at an young age.

Incidentally it appears to me if this poem when properly digested can act as an anecdote to self esteem issues..

RVK said...

I am a bit surprised at such philosophical insight for such a young boy ! Great

KD said...

Beautiful- he is a genius! Thanks for sharing this!

Nimrod Nemesis said...

But on the other hand, no context is really needed to get the eastern philosophy of it (e.g., reincarnation, yin & yang).

And for sure it’s quite remarkable from an 11-year old.

Keep an eye on that boy!

BG said...

Wow!!! That is simply amazing...there is little one can do except marvel at him!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment