I was in Washington DC this week and was delighted to have the chance to meet and greet Ben Jealous the head of NAACP and Sen Ben Nighthorse Campbell, former Senator from Colorado. The latter is the first Native American to be a senator - who related a great story that had us in stitches.
One day, Sen Nighthorse pulled up to a stop light in DC while riding his motorbike and a cabbie next to him rolled down his window and said, 'hey buddy, nice bike. Where are you off to?'
The senator replied, "You are not going to believe this, but I am a senator and I am going to Capitol Hill"
The cabbie replied, "yeah right, and I am Santa Claus' and sped away...
The Senator concluded tongue-in-cheek by saying, "he should not have stereotyped me and not thought I could be a senator. After all, I did not think he was not Santa Claus!"

2 comments:
Very interesting time to be in Washington! You must be the arbitrator... Have you come close to a deal?
Anyhow, cool story and happy you had the opportunity to meet those gentlemen. We've had some advisor events at our company recently and I got to meet Mark Kelly, the last pilot of the space shuttle and husband to Arizona's Gabby Gifford, and hear from General McChrystal, Billy Beane and Mitt Romney. All quite interesting!
Awesome!
So cool to see people destroying stereotypes!
Post a Comment