October 02, 2016

Ryder Cup 2016

It was indeed a bucket list experience to have the chance to go to the Ryder Cup 2106 at the Hazeltine Golf Course in Minneapolis.

There is nothing like actually being on the course and absorb the energy of the teams and the crowds to get a sense for how big a tournament this is.  Golf is very much an individual sport - as is commonly said, "you play against yourself."  So it was a welcome change to watch this sport in a team setting.

Justin Leonard's winning putt that echoed around the world in 1999 at Brookline still rings in my head.  This visit to Hazeltine has finally supplanted that amazing moment with many fresh new ones ...!
































The teams:







































7 comments:

Tim said...

I noticed that you were wearing red, white and blue. Nice!

Surya Kolluri said...

I did a little Margaret Mead-ing on the Ryder Cup course - I observe that there are a lot more Trumpsters than one might suspect!

Nov.5 is very much alive and in the balance!!

Tim said...

Wow! I’d have expected that a monster truck rally… but not at PGA tournament…

Maybe Peggy Noonan’s right, there’re a lot more Trump voters out there than are showing up in the polls. Social stigma is causing folks to hide their true leanings.

Surya Kolluri said...

I favor the theory that fed up voters have found their Molotov cocktail and that they are determined to toss it in November ...!

Tim said...

Nice….

In fact, to take this trope further – for some, all of reality can be filtered through the lens of Seinfeld episodes, Mob (especially The Godfather trilogy) and slob (especially Caddyshack and Animal House) movies

RVK said...

Very nice. It is great that America won after eight years.

UMS Kolluri said...

Wow..that's a hole in one ...!!

Post a Comment