May 23, 2017

A visit with Queen Silvia of Sweden

I had the opportunity to visit the Royal Palace in Stockholm for a conference hosted by Queen Silivia of Sweden.   I hope you enjoy this photo essay from the trip .....


I.  An invitation to the Royal Palace in Stockholm
This was where the King and Queen have their offices.
They live in another palace half an hour away


The occasion was a conference:  https://dementiaforumx.org


II.  Conversation with Queen Silvia
I was honored to both be engaged in an excellent conversation during the day,
as well as being seated next to her at dinner.






III.  Get to work!
Of course, there was work to be done and it went great ...










IV.  Sightseeing
Got in some sightseeing in Stockholm and Geneva

Nobel Museum


ABBA Museum


On train from Geneva through Lausanne to Gruyeres



Lake Geneva


22 comments:

Kathy Petersohn said...

Oh my goodness…I do hope you’ve begun to pen your memoirs….

Harvey said...

Great photos. It’s amazing how the world is changing for the better.

Me, an American Jew, meeting with leaders of the Hindu Ramakrishna Mission.

You, a Hindu from india, meeting with two Christian queens in Europe!

Ellen Balseiro said...

That is great and look at that view from the window!

Maria Cedeno said...

AMAZING!!!!!

Kevin said...

Look at you rubbing elbows with Royalty! Awesome and sooo cool.

George Creppy said...

You certainly get around :)

Kai Walker said...

That's amazing!!

Zach Kelly said...

Please give the Queens and the Princess my best ;)

Looks like a great time, look forward to hearing about it!

Robin said...

Interesting that these are women involved in this.....

usha k said...

Love it. What an experience! Thanks for sharing.

Fred Seeber said...

A job well done Surya,

John Keough said...

It’s good to be King (or Queen)!

Elaine Karas said...

Thank you for the wonderful news and amazing photos.
Congratulations!

Arsen said...

I'm jealous, how can I get a job like yours ? Very nice ! I missed you at reunion.

Donald Soares said...

Awesome....I did not know Sweden had a queen ! But nothing compared to our Desi Raja Surya !

Bonnie Benhayon said...

This is great. Love the ABBA museum!

Jon Currence said...

Incredible!!!

KVS said...

Proud moment to be in the midst of Royalty

Justina Thomas said...

Rocking!

Naren said...

awesome! do we now need to curtsy you the next time we meet?

Akiko said...

Great photos! It is really great to see Queen Silvia in Stockkholm!

Jon Ashley said...

I got to go last year when presenting at a Web conference (not the palace).
Took many photos, including some HDR at the palace though...

https://goo.gl/photos/TgE9iA25jUKdBrGk8

Post a Comment