I am so encouraged that so many friends and family responded to my rather whimsical question on what makes a "full-fledged" individual. I was even more pleased that I was not taken to task for not defining the term!
I was asked to summarize the results and here they are. If even more of you respond, I will run the tabulations again.
Hope you enjoy the summary of feedback!
Original Question:
How might you prioritize these characteristics below, of a "full fledged" human? Maybe your top 3-5 characteristics. I'm sure there will be questions like what I mean by 'full-fledged' or objections such as this being a subjective exercise, etc. But please go along with me and place your picks! I'd really like to know! To repeat, what your thoughts on the top 3-5 characteristics of a "full-fledged" human being?
Examples include: authentic, spontaneous, thoughtful, giving / generous, wealthy, healthy, productive, graceful, educated, purposeful, virtuous, ambitious, carefree, conscientious, wise, gritty, disciplined, persistent, lucky, good humored, observant, acculturated / assimilated, unique, significant, integrated, courageous, entrepreneurial, remembered, other(s).
Summary of responses:
Received ~40 responses. 30% Female. 30% over 50. Equally divided Technical, Non-Technical. Equally divided East / West.
Overall:
1. Generous
2. Conscientious
3. Thoughtful
By Gender
Female
1. Generous
2. Compassionate
3. Conscientious
Male
1. Generous
2. Thoughtful
3. Conscientious
By Age
Over 50
1. Generous
2. Productive
3. Thoughtful
Under 50
1. Generous
2. Conscientious
3. Compassionate
By Geography
East
1. Generous (Tied)
2. Conscientious (Tied)
3. Thoughtful
West
1. Generous (Tied)
2. Balanced (Tied)
3. Thoughtful
By Profession:
Technical:
1. Conscientious
2. Generous
3. Compassionate
Non-Technical:
1. Generous
2. Balanced
3. Productive
My personal selections:
1. Balanced
2. Generous
3. Graceful (as in, under pressure)
Honorable Mentions:
Some words did come up a lot, but just did not make the top 3 cuts. And they include:
Humor, Educated, Purposeful
New Selections:
Words that were not in the above original suggestions that folks added to the 'other' category included:
Loving, Curious, Ambitious, Contented, Competent, Truthful
No selections:
Attributes from the original list that not one person who responded, picked in their top 5 attributes:
Spontaneity, Wealth, Carefree, Luck, Remembered.
Hope you enjoyed this! Love to continue the discussions. If I get a whole bunch more responses, I will be glad to re-run the tabulations.
I was asked to summarize the results and here they are. If even more of you respond, I will run the tabulations again.
Hope you enjoy the summary of feedback!
Original Question:
How might you prioritize these characteristics below, of a "full fledged" human? Maybe your top 3-5 characteristics. I'm sure there will be questions like what I mean by 'full-fledged' or objections such as this being a subjective exercise, etc. But please go along with me and place your picks! I'd really like to know! To repeat, what your thoughts on the top 3-5 characteristics of a "full-fledged" human being?
Examples include: authentic, spontaneous, thoughtful, giving / generous, wealthy, healthy, productive, graceful, educated, purposeful, virtuous, ambitious, carefree, conscientious, wise, gritty, disciplined, persistent, lucky, good humored, observant, acculturated / assimilated, unique, significant, integrated, courageous, entrepreneurial, remembered, other(s).
Summary of responses:
Received ~40 responses. 30% Female. 30% over 50. Equally divided Technical, Non-Technical. Equally divided East / West.
Overall:
1. Generous
2. Conscientious
3. Thoughtful
By Gender
Female
1. Generous
2. Compassionate
3. Conscientious
Male
1. Generous
2. Thoughtful
3. Conscientious
By Age
Over 50
1. Generous
2. Productive
3. Thoughtful
Under 50
1. Generous
2. Conscientious
3. Compassionate
By Geography
East
1. Generous (Tied)
2. Conscientious (Tied)
3. Thoughtful
West
1. Generous (Tied)
2. Balanced (Tied)
3. Thoughtful
By Profession:
Technical:
1. Conscientious
2. Generous
3. Compassionate
Non-Technical:
1. Generous
2. Balanced
3. Productive
My personal selections:
1. Balanced
2. Generous
3. Graceful (as in, under pressure)
Honorable Mentions:
Some words did come up a lot, but just did not make the top 3 cuts. And they include:
Humor, Educated, Purposeful
New Selections:
Words that were not in the above original suggestions that folks added to the 'other' category included:
Loving, Curious, Ambitious, Contented, Competent, Truthful
No selections:
Attributes from the original list that not one person who responded, picked in their top 5 attributes:
Spontaneity, Wealth, Carefree, Luck, Remembered.
Hope you enjoyed this! Love to continue the discussions. If I get a whole bunch more responses, I will be glad to re-run the tabulations.
No comments:
Post a Comment