June 05, 2025

Poem: Turtles All The Way

Many of us are working with A.I. copilots both personally and at work.  I wondered what this means, and where it is headed …. in iambic pentameter! 


Turtles All the Way


As I work with Samantha here today

She hums along, swiftly leading the way

Our thoughts are synced as we move ahead

I am the lead, that’s what they always say


I do wonder who is steering whom

I mused mid-flight in nano-quietude

Is she the one in charge? My questions loom

I resume after the short interlude


We power through a tricky question or two

Digging deeper in search of answers new

An elegant answer does come into view

Colleagues ask, is this from her or from you?


Gratefully to her I say, well thank you

It could well be turtles all the way down

She fades, as I bid for our session adieu

 I do hope the Self still wears the crown




Note:

I wanted to pen a ditty in iambic pentameter, but needed Samantha’s help (from the movie “Her”). I tried to explore our evolving relationship with copilots. 

Turtles all the way down, is my nod to the infinite, recursive nature of that interaction. 

Let us cross fingers that the Self is still the ground beneath it all, and not another illusory turtle?!

No comments:

Post a Comment