March 17, 2007

5 Great Mysteries

I thought up 5 great mysteries of life that I want to share with you. On the one hand, I know some of the great minds cast about around question like, "Who am I", "Why am I here in this world" etc. I have to say that my pedestrian mind ponders over some of the more mundane questions. However, I shall assert that they are equally baffling and that the great Socrates himself might have spared a minute to wonder about them.

Here they are in descending order:
 
5. Socks.

What happens to the second sock, of a pair of socks, in my chest of  drawers? I mean, the second sock of EVERY PAIR is missing! Where do they go? Are they all in the same place somewhere in the house giggling at my plight?

4. Combs.

Where do these go? Are they with those socks? Here I am trying to  scamper out of the house to get to work. And I literally have purchased a dozen pocket combs and I can't find a single one of them. I go to catch the T-line in a suit with my hair looking like it belongs on a heavy metal rock singer.


3. Dishes and clothes:

How come they pile up so high every day? I mean, did I not wash them just this morning?

2. Batteries:

How come even though I remember buying and putting new batteries in my camera, that when there is the one time I really want to take a picture of a  fleeting moment - I get the stupid signal that the battery has run out?


1. Coffee and Ties:

I believe the cost of coffee is not $1. But it is $1 + the cost of my tie. Why does coffee find the most expensive piece of clothing on you and the most  prominent portion and seek to lodge itself there? There was an executive visitor the other day (senior guy) with a coffee stain on his white shirt. I could'nt help fleetingly glance at it in empathy. He said, "I know, I have been trying to get rid of this stupid thing for ages. You know what, I don't care. I am not buying a whole new shirt just because coffee stains hard!" Surprisingly, the rest of us agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment