It was a rather good set of snow conditions in the Green Mountains of Vermont this year. Hope you enjoy this photo essay.
A Reason to Leave
If there is so much snow at home, there must be more snow up in the mountains.... let's go!
Classes here too?
Opening day, and the Ski campers gather
... the ones in green jackets are the instructors
Ready?
I have learned to say No! to 'Follow me dad . . . '
I have learned to say No! to 'Follow me dad . . . '
View from the Condo
A look into the Mad River valley
Sunrise up on Bravo
Attended Easter Services up on the mountain at 7 am - of course, with it comes first tracks!
View into Canada
We are up north enough that we can peek into warm and cozy Canada
Pond Skimming
End of the season, there is a contest to see if one can ski across water









15 comments:
Spring is just a 'CALLAWAY'!! Enjoyed the photo essay. Thanx for posting. Vels
great snaps. i love skiing! do make a trip to hunter mountain and do some ziplining in the summer. its fantastic!!
http://www.huntermtn.com/huntermtn/events-activities/zipline.aspx
Nice pics Surya. Those slopes are indeed a ski-lover's paradise. We still see some 'white stuff' in the shady areas in our backyard. We are SO looking forward...
Beautiful pictures~! I am very happy that you all had a good time
The story definitely shows you had a lot of fun..
Great pictures and looks like a great place to be spending your weekends.
Two quick questions:
1. Is the first picture your house in Boston?
2. In the “Sunrise up on Bravo” picture, is that a finger print I faintly see in the bottom middle of the picture (in the snow just to the left of the skiers) or some sort of optical effect of the sun through the lens?
Anyhoo, it’s good to see where you’ve been spending your weekends…
Thx ...
Yes the first pix is my house in Boston and the narrow path that you see is what I personally dug out!
Your second question is excellent!
Those are 'grooming tracks'. Overnight the resort grooms trails. So the early birds, like myself that Easter morning got to ski on the most pristine of trails 'crunching' across those 'finger prints' - a most delicious feeling!
:-)
I like Coimbatore pictures of you and me pushing your dad's car. I want you to compare with these
ugly pictures.
Love you
LNK
This is just awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!
A comment and a question….
- I would be wary of following someone down a slope that appears to have had a caution barrier up at one point (follow me, dad)
- Did you make it across the pond without getting wet?!!!
This is great! I love the view from the condo and also that you can see Canada.
We too are betting that winter has passed – the snow tires come off tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing the photos. Fun to see what Sugarbush looks like these days, with all the ‘new’ construction since I went there pre 2005. I was just having a conversation with my husband Rich as to where we used to watch pond swimming. It was definitely Sugarbush!
What fun….give me a beach any day! J
What beautiful pictures! That sure looks cold, but looks like you had fun J
Fantastic - very much enjoyed this!
Glad you are keeping an active lifestyle.
Hope to see you soon - ps advise when next in town.
Great pics - And well written too.
Post a Comment