March 26, 2015

Pebble Beach

Pebble Beach is a picturesque as it gets.  And then there is golf!  It was all I could do to keep still and make my presentation at the conference I was attending, as I could hear the waves lap onto the shore just outside the doors.

While I did not play this course, not having the time to do so,  I did walk the 17th and 18th holes.  Although I was in this area a couple of decades ago, with age and with the recent history of U.S. Opens being played here, I genuinely enjoyed this experience!


I.  Open Sesame
When you enter, you don't know what to expect




II.  The text message
But then amazingly I got a text from my wife to' "watch what I spend on tchotchkes!"





III.  Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, ... ?
Clint Eastwood teamed up with Arnold Palmer to buy this piece of heaven







IV. The 18th Hole
This is where they finished and collect their U.S. Open Trophy






V.  Houses along the 18th hole
Ain't no hoi polloi that live here, just sayin'







VI.  The 17th hole 
Can you actually golf, watching this scene?






VII.  Sunrise at Spanish Bay
I was grateful that the supervisor let me ride a cart through the course, even though I did not play






VIII.  Along the coast
At $400 a round, there was barely anyone on the course







IX.  Monterey
All of the surroundings are spectacular











X.  18 Mile Drive
Biking this was road was stunning!













5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures...which was almost like a tour around pebble beach

Swarna said...

amazing pics - you saved us $400! 17th hole view was indeed spectacular!

Mike Pelzar said...

Amazing. I have not played here. It is on the list!

Drew Holzapfel said...

You travel like a rock star!

Tim Burke said...

You’ve got the life my friend. But, as I’m sure you tell your boss all the time, ‘somebody’s gotta do it!’

Also, all those mentions of how you didn’t actually play has caused me to think, ‘thou dost protesteth too much!’ Of course, you’ve only got to convince that same boss… and perhaps the wife… that you really, really didn’t play… ‘no, really!’

Post a Comment