I was traveling all week the week prior and my suitcase was falling apart. I made a note to self to get black duct tape from the local hardware store over the weekend coming up, to fix it.
The final stop after traveling all week, was at a client event in NYC on Friday after stops in DC, Orlando and Indianapolis.
While my colleagues and I were getting ready to present, I spotted a black duct tape with the audio visual technician in the back of the room ....!
We were gearing up for our presentation, and I wanted to make sure that we did a good job on behalf of our host who had made room on the agenda and invited us to engage on a topic of interest to the clients.
However, I will admit, that throughout the presentation, I was thinking about the duct tape and looking to make sure it was still on the table in the back with the technician. I wanted to make sure that I did not forget to borrow the roll to fix my suitcase!
To my relief, even though there was a fair bit of Q&A during the session and immediately during the lunch break afterwards, I did remember get to the black tape!
But then there was a O'Henry-esque finish to this tale (reminding me of his famous short story 'The gift of the Magi').
I got home at the end of the day on Friday. I went to the closet in our parlour and put my shoes on the rack. I then spotted right next to it, a tool box with black duct tape placed on it!
My wife had placed it there for me to use at the beginning of the trip. However, because I left very early on Monday morning, and I had not seen it in the darkness!
The final stop after traveling all week, was at a client event in NYC on Friday after stops in DC, Orlando and Indianapolis.
While my colleagues and I were getting ready to present, I spotted a black duct tape with the audio visual technician in the back of the room ....!
We were gearing up for our presentation, and I wanted to make sure that we did a good job on behalf of our host who had made room on the agenda and invited us to engage on a topic of interest to the clients.
However, I will admit, that throughout the presentation, I was thinking about the duct tape and looking to make sure it was still on the table in the back with the technician. I wanted to make sure that I did not forget to borrow the roll to fix my suitcase!
To my relief, even though there was a fair bit of Q&A during the session and immediately during the lunch break afterwards, I did remember get to the black tape!
But then there was a O'Henry-esque finish to this tale (reminding me of his famous short story 'The gift of the Magi').
I got home at the end of the day on Friday. I went to the closet in our parlour and put my shoes on the rack. I then spotted right next to it, a tool box with black duct tape placed on it!
My wife had placed it there for me to use at the beginning of the trip. However, because I left very early on Monday morning, and I had not seen it in the darkness!

No comments:
Post a Comment