September 04, 2015

Jaunts in Oxford and London

I was invited to visit Oxford University, at the Harris Manchester college, to participate in a roundtable discussion.

Last year, at the same gathering, I was busy just trying to find my way to the place and back.  This year, I was a little more relaxed knowing my way around.  It was a lot of fun exploring Oxford, and also London en-route.


I.  Which college?
It turns out the people in the know, ask this above question, getting past the Oxford University label.  There are 40+ colleges in the university!





II.  Divinity School
It was so cool to be here - right next to this is where they hold the graduation ceremony (which I saw last year)






III.  Marks of Genius
There was an exhibit at the Weston Library that had some amazing original pieces ...

Newton's Principia Mathematica

Magna Carta (circa 1215 AD)


IV.  The National Gallery
Excellent and familiar work of Impressionists







V.  10,000 Steps
Put in a fair bit of walking between Trafalgar and Grosvenor squares to collect walking steps ...







VI.  Big Ben
It was fun to have a business meeting right next to the Parliament




11 comments:

Kavita said...

Lovely pics - brings back memories!

Wini said...

I love Oxford.

Nic Manetto said...

So cool!

RVK said...

Very nice. I am somewhat surprised that you have not mentioned anything about Cambridge which is practically next door! I always felt( may be personal) Cambridge to be a cut above Oxford. But in any case I am happy that your trip was successful.

Prakash said...

Nice pics

Suresh Babu said...

Great ....

Dr. Nair said...

Thank you. With best wishes!

S.G. said...

These are very nice pictures. You have a real talent in taking photos with your iPhone. I have never been to Oxford or Cambridge. May be sometime I will make it there.

UMS said...

Nice pictures..!!

Butchi Uncle said...

Congratulations and God Bless!

subba said...

Nice pictures..!!

Post a Comment