June 26, 2016

Aspen-ology

I had the chance to visit the Aspen Ideas Festival this week.  The setting was great, the ideas even better!


I.  Ideas Central
The festival takes over the town every June










II.  What a setting
Picturesque and colorful









III.  Cut & Thrust
Everything from food, health and genetics was discussed in a lively manner







It was thrilling to listen to Craig Venter

Craig Venter's famous 'What is Life?" speech:






IV.  Aspen Heights
The gondola ride up yields spectacular views

















18 comments:

Sheila Gorman said...

Wow! It's beautiful. Hope you have more time to take in the scenery!

Maria Cedeno said...

So Beautiful!!!!!!! On my places-to-see bucket list :) thx for sharing.

Ellen Balseiro said...

B E A U T I F U L ! !

Matt Card said...

Beautiful

Kathy Petersohn said...

I hope this is a vacation trip! Otherwise, it's just a tease, as I know you'd want to be enjoying this all day long. :)

Ruthann Rowan said...

All play and no work.... ;) Beautiful!

Kim Paris said...

Nice! I was just thinking about hiking this morning. There's a 7 Waterfalls trail in the Poconos. May need to hit that in a couple of weekends!

Kai Walker said...

Did you bring your fly rod?

Bonnie Benhayon said...

That is so beautiful

Surya Kolluri said...

Fly the rod and spoil the work?!

Kai Walker said...

Lol!

Srinivas said...

there?

Indira said...

Wow such a beautiful pictures thanks

RVK said...


Beautiful.

Tim Burke said...

Great pictures…

But boy, you’re becoming a real davos man, aren’t ya….

BTW, can one get materials from this if you’re not an Aspen Man? I’d like to investigate the stuff that relates to food and health… f

peabrane said...

What further info did Dr Venter give regarding his work that came after his 70th anniversary trinity college lecture?

usha k said...

Lovely. My aunt who lived to the ripe old age of 95 solving crosswords till the end would tell us the same thing "keep the gutt healthy to be healthy" :-) It is nice to hear that echo.

Surya Kolluri said...

He mostly discussed the Human Longevity Inc. that he has started.

HLI is a genomics-based, technology-driven company creating the world’s largest and most comprehensive database of whole genome, phenotype and clinical data.

They are developing and applying large scale computing and machine learning to make novel discoveries to revolutionize the practice of medicine.

They aim to use whole genome sequence analysis, advanced clinical imaging and innovative machine learning, along with curated personal health information, to deliver the most complete picture of individual health.

Post a Comment