August 29, 2020

More than COVID

Acedia

 

 

 

 

 

We fear COVID-19

All is not fine, it might seem

That this strange germ

Might end our term


We fear COVID-19

Alone we mark our time in between

Our savior, telecommunication

Digital social representation


Coronavirus stalks us

Don’t touch, breathe and no fuss

Days meld into weeks

Are we turning into freaks?


Experts are all stumped

Into islands we are lumped

Nursing homes never a haven

Now gateways to hell or heaven


We fear COVID-19

All is not fine it might seem

States increase control over self

Who is master, who is serf?


Show me data, show me proof

Rather than the dictum of being aloof

Our fears are more than COVID-19

May reason win over this fear unseen

 

------

Note: When I first penned it, I had mistakenly used COVID-9.  As I was editing, I realized it needed to be COVID-19 - so instead of just editing, it created a bit of a tricky rewriting exercise!

 

1 comment:

Raman's Dream said...

Fantastic and realistic poem !

Post a Comment