February 15, 2025

Winter at the Kennedy

 



Winter at the Kennedy


Here at the Center for the Arts,

We find a place to dream, reflect, and grow

The fleeting day turns to lingering night

But we can find strength in this winter’s glow


Tides have turned, fierce and fast,

Disorientation holds its sway

Yet lessons from an inspiring past,

Call out on this sunny day.


He stood firm where doubts had grown—

Of satellites, missiles, and a gap.

He called for a "man on the moon,"

And cast an inspiring roadmap


We set aside doubt and headlines,

And focus on the trends

Tie ourselves to a cause larger,

Where courage and action make amends




1 comment:

My Note said...

I tried to reflect on resilience and purpose, using the Center as a place of inspiration and drawing on the natural cycles of winter as a metaphor for challenge and renewal.

Structurally, I aimed for a quatrain format with a flexible rhyme pattern, letting seasonal imagery provide a sense of continuity. From a flow perspective, I tried to move from personal contemplation to a broader focus on collective purpose.

Overall, I wanted to connect small moments of hope with both history and the changing seasons.

Post a Comment