December 25, 2010

Poem: I (simply) don't know



I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low






There is Zuckerberg
TIME man of the year
Boy, he seems to know
How to keep the network aglow









And then Gates
Although losing he hates
Seems to know what it takes
Giving away more than what he makes





I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low




We have President Obama
And the serene Dalai Lama
They seem to know
How to make Nations and souls grow












Those economists, they know
What makes economies go
Never mind 2008
Black Swan explains that date






I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low




The spouse also knows
Golly, has me hopping on my toes
The kid and the questions he throws
Has me stuttering and muttering, the good Lord knows

Ah, poor Freddie, the pooch too knows
His cuddly winks a threat does pose
To my resolve to ration the treat dose
The critter has my number on this twitching nose





I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low

I look at the stars in the sky
And freeze with the question why
I look at sand on the beach
A whole universe in pebble each

I look at leaves on a tree
Fluttering carefree
And rows of pretty houses
Hiding thousands of petty grouses

I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low

For all the training afforded me
I should be lecturing thee
Hold forth and wax eloquent
About the future, past and present



There are those can tell East from West
Can trade insights with the best of the best
There are those that can tell dark from light
And spot value at the very first sight




I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low



 I only have questions time after time
These questions are surely mine
They come rushing forth
Like the bursting of the very earth

But the answers, oh the answers
I hear them everywhere
Words upon words upon words
And I keep looking elsewhere





And thus, I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low

2 comments:

subba said...

And thus, I (simply) don't know
Why, I have nothing to show
For carrying all these books in tow
My mind reservoir is so low ............

i like this

Unknown said...

But All those books in tow
have taught you to handle these blows
Tho' your reservoir is low..
Be happy you have made others glow..

- We enjoyed your poem..cheers , geetha

Post a Comment