Hope you enjoy these summary of topics we discussed throughout 2010!
Arts & Literature - Review
The English Novel - I just finished up a couple of books each by two authors who are first and foremost fine purveyors of the English language.
The Lincoln - Douglas Debates - I had a chance to listen to the 14 CDs that make up the Richard Dreyfuss - David Strathairn performance of the 1858 Lincoln - Douglas debates.
Run, Buy, Read - Book Review of Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
Book Review: Experiencing Gurcharan Das - The Difficulty of Being a Good Writer
Book Review and Biography - This book is about a true super champ worthy of admiration - Lillian Gilbreth.(.... and you are going - who?)
Aristeia - A word from the classics - A brief note on a word I stumbled upon this year. It is the word - 'Aristeia'. It is a Greek word that was used in the epics by Homer, particularly in the Illiad.
Travel - Photo Essays
Hiking - in Massachusetts and Vermont
Barns - Perhaps Barns are attractive because they appeal to the organizing urge in us blend into the environment, rather than impose on it. Certainly are the opposite of the glass and steel structures of the urban jungle.
Musings
Abstraction: A Conversation - It is the morning of Thanksgiving. SPK and dad RVK are settling down in the wee hours of the morning in his study over a cup of steaming hot coffee.
Poem: Who is a friend?
Scientists Vs Philosophers - Do Philosophers know anything at all? And if Scientists know just a little, is that more than what the philosophers do?
A July 4 Rumination - I thought it would be productive if I spent time reading the U.S. Declaration of Independence. It is certainly not only a seminal document of English, but of human affairs.
A Jugal Bandi on Science and Religion - There was recent debate in the WSJ between Science and Religion between Richard Dawkins and Karen Armstrong.
Sthitaprajna - “Who is a Sthitaprajna?” I ran the question by my Dad, but with a couple of conditions i) Please do not use Quantum Physics analogies and ii) Please keep it brief. He did manage to sneak in one Physics reference.
Throw In The Towel - Poem
I (simply) don't know - Poem
Business Life
Presentation Skills: You Talkin' to Me?!
Four Words On Problem Solving - Normally, we take a problem, break it into its component parts. We then find data to support each component part and put the pieces back together again. A classic problem solving approach.
Rookie Mistakes - "Stepping Into It" - If epistemology is the study of how we know what we know, the more urgent question as rookies is, "how the hell do we know what we don't know".
Fumble! - I imagine all of us are motivated to do well for our clients, for our bosses and for our teams.
Something Had To Give - As the year comes to a close, I have been engaged in a mad dash around the country finishing up the year and setting up the next.
Clash of the Titans? - US vs China
Memoirs
Kitchen Mystery - Due to (solely) my good actions (and I insist they are good) in the kitchen, we had to pay $500 in damages and repair and I had to spend the night with the dog in the living room.
A Call on A Calling - On giving
A reflection on three questions - I hope to also reflect on three questions myself, and the purpose of so doing is that you might reflect on your own past, present and future as you read along.
Hat for a Bat and Other Strange Tales of Tails - I jotted down some strange, but true stories both from my travels for both business and leisure
Hello, Guv! An interesting visit to NJ!
2 Eggs and Fred - Commotion with the pet!
Arts & Literature - Review
The English Novel - I just finished up a couple of books each by two authors who are first and foremost fine purveyors of the English language.
The Lincoln - Douglas Debates - I had a chance to listen to the 14 CDs that make up the Richard Dreyfuss - David Strathairn performance of the 1858 Lincoln - Douglas debates.
Run, Buy, Read - Book Review of Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
Book Review: Experiencing Gurcharan Das - The Difficulty of Being a Good Writer
Book Review and Biography - This book is about a true super champ worthy of admiration - Lillian Gilbreth.(.... and you are going - who?)
Aristeia - A word from the classics - A brief note on a word I stumbled upon this year. It is the word - 'Aristeia'. It is a Greek word that was used in the epics by Homer, particularly in the Illiad.
Travel - Photo Essays
Hiking - in Massachusetts and Vermont
Barns - Perhaps Barns are attractive because they appeal to the organizing urge in us blend into the environment, rather than impose on it. Certainly are the opposite of the glass and steel structures of the urban jungle.
Musings
Abstraction: A Conversation - It is the morning of Thanksgiving. SPK and dad RVK are settling down in the wee hours of the morning in his study over a cup of steaming hot coffee.
Poem: Who is a friend?
Scientists Vs Philosophers - Do Philosophers know anything at all? And if Scientists know just a little, is that more than what the philosophers do?
A July 4 Rumination - I thought it would be productive if I spent time reading the U.S. Declaration of Independence. It is certainly not only a seminal document of English, but of human affairs.
A Jugal Bandi on Science and Religion - There was recent debate in the WSJ between Science and Religion between Richard Dawkins and Karen Armstrong.
Sthitaprajna - “Who is a Sthitaprajna?” I ran the question by my Dad, but with a couple of conditions i) Please do not use Quantum Physics analogies and ii) Please keep it brief. He did manage to sneak in one Physics reference.
Throw In The Towel - Poem
I (simply) don't know - Poem
Business Life
Presentation Skills: You Talkin' to Me?!
Four Words On Problem Solving - Normally, we take a problem, break it into its component parts. We then find data to support each component part and put the pieces back together again. A classic problem solving approach.
Rookie Mistakes - "Stepping Into It" - If epistemology is the study of how we know what we know, the more urgent question as rookies is, "how the hell do we know what we don't know".
Fumble! - I imagine all of us are motivated to do well for our clients, for our bosses and for our teams.
Something Had To Give - As the year comes to a close, I have been engaged in a mad dash around the country finishing up the year and setting up the next.
Clash of the Titans? - US vs China
Memoirs
Kitchen Mystery - Due to (solely) my good actions (and I insist they are good) in the kitchen, we had to pay $500 in damages and repair and I had to spend the night with the dog in the living room.
A Call on A Calling - On giving
A reflection on three questions - I hope to also reflect on three questions myself, and the purpose of so doing is that you might reflect on your own past, present and future as you read along.
Hat for a Bat and Other Strange Tales of Tails - I jotted down some strange, but true stories both from my travels for both business and leisure
Hello, Guv! An interesting visit to NJ!
2 Eggs and Fred - Commotion with the pet!
No comments:
Post a Comment