The Heldrich - Resonance of Expression
Kris' Inaugural Art Exhibit was was held at the Heldrich Hotel in New Brunswick, NJ
Wine Wasted
He once was at a dinner where the wine was as good as the dinner conversation was bad - hence wine wasted!
Camden
While visiting Camden on business, he happened to spot families talking to prisoners in orange garb. The white block on the paining was the only ray of hope - a hospital.
Kilimanjaro
Kris trekked up the Kilimanjaro with his friend (the tall one in the pix)
The dramatic Kili trek story, the Karma Hiker log here: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2009/07/travelogue-by-kris-k-kilimanjaro-hike.html
Red: 2003 - 2011
A rendition of the emotional reaction and artistic release to the Iraq war
State of Mind
I personally think, this state of mind, just in terms of a color scheme matches well with the Red above
Untitled
Representing transitions in his life with career and moving family to DC
Painting transcends a frozen moment in time. It is a medium that lets me feel, absorb, develop and invest energy to express a complete thought. My first painting, Time Continuim, was born out of a need to express the sadness of my mother’s death. It is three-piece painting that gives her life and our life with her meaning.
I enjoy capturing the depth and breadth of a particular experience, letting the contours of time and space inform my thoughts and movements of hand. Painting lets me get to a point where experiences and flow of emotion mature at the rate of my choosing.
The paintings shown at this exhibit offer perspectives, emotions and thoughts singularly driven to illustrate the rawness of all of them. March 20, 2003-December 18, 2011 and SOM are my favorite paintings and attempt to illustrate the point above. The first is about the Iraq War and the second is about my trip to Kilimanjaro. Creating them was experientially different but the expression in both feels the same- at least to me.
I bring to my canvas memories of my blissful childhood days spent in India, my family’s economic and cultural struggles in the Bronx, my years at law school, my years on Capitol Hill and in state government and the hopes and aspirations of my wife and daughters.
From Cezanne to Ram Kumar - A Journey: My essay on relating to and understanding abstract art










24 comments:
Awesome paintings and brings out his emotions. Wishing your bro all the success.
These are beautiful works: very rich and resonant. I especially liked Camden, and the one about the Iraq War. The latter will count among the few early responses to a war that we strangely don't talk much about, even while it continues.
Congratulations. The paintings are brilliant. Sharing with my Mom who is also an artist.
Congratulations Kris!! These paintings are just too good.
The pics are beautiful, thanks for sharing. Really good to see you and have some time to hang out this week.
Very talented. Between your literary skills and his art, it is a one-stop talent factory family.
I like the Kilimanjaro and the last one the best.
Wow! The paintings are amazing. My favorite is Camden. Thanks so much for sharing.
Is this the same brother who worked in the New Jersey state government? If so, what’s he doin’ ??
:-)
More on abstract level! Your brother resembles your dad the Professor!
Thanks for sharing.Great work. Congratulations to your brother.
Your brother's paintings are very interesting. I was going to tell you that wasted wine was my favorite but then I kept second guessing myself and thinking that I liked the transition painting best or the small ray of hope symbolism in the orange painting even more. So ultimately I decided I just like his paintings a lot.
Maybe the Brookline Arts Cnter would let him exhibit here
Wow, impressive and moving. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for the interesting art work photos.
At least now we know who has the talent in the family (grin)!
Thanks for shoring these fantastic expressions of mind. Form, shape and contour contrary to conventional ways become less significant as long as the essence of individual’s thought is conveyed effectively. The moment of truth is when the viewer is able to empathize the same feel as to what the picture could convey.
Great thoughts, excellent expression !!
Nice! You and your brother are a lot alike in how you express yourselves.
Kris' paintings gave me lot of joy.
First of all, I didn't know at all that he paints.
And he paints really well. Very nice, very nice!
By the way, does he have a website?
By the way, he has a nice tie... you could have borrowed one of his :-)
Hope you are well. Outstanding! Kris is very talented. Thanks for sending this through.
Wow- these are awesome. Your brother sounds like a wonderful man. Is the photo in Camden, as in Camden in NJ? That is where I was doing animal rescue, the city of Camden right around the area of the hospital (Cooper University). Just a few short steps from the hospital things get depressing.
Every time I drive out of the city back home I realize how lucky I am to be able to go back to my home and be able to provide for my own rescued critters. I have seen some horrific stuff there (I graduated from the Camden Police Academy). Your family lived in the Bronx?
These are very inspirational!
deeply touched and impressed,,,truly salute Kris !!
Liked the most "Red",..
( thoughtful expressions)
Could you pls post me his first painting : "Time Continuum,.."
Wow! I am incredibly impressed by his work. Very talented.
This is great! Thanks for sharing.
Amazing stuff... my creative team too appreciated the expression n thoughtful use of colors...
:)
I really enjoyed your post re your brother's art - both the work itself and the inspiration that he has taken his passion and channeled it and taken it forward meaningfully.
Post a Comment