We age. I hope gracefully. Like grapes on a vine, let age bring maturity, flavor and luminosity. The vine connects us all. And where we thrive defines our flavor - - By SPK
Cycle recycle. From the Indian climatic view of Hot hotter hottest: It seems fascinating that the plants stay alive under all that snow. Er.. Do you plant afresh every spring do the plants revive every year? How many years do they last?
Dear Peabrane - thanks for your note! These are perennials, so, in the Fall when I cut them down, they pop right back up again. I want to say that this garden bed is about 15 years old - it keeps regenerating.
Part of our phased approach to re-organizing this garden bed is to group the plants better. Over a period of time, they tend to jump into each others spaces. For example the 'daisies' and the 'hostas' have dominated the garden and the Japnese Ferns are cowering and losing the battle for space.
Similarly the Lilac has become very 'leggy'.
My wife hates the tiger lilies, so during the weeks they bloom I try to distract her to the east side of the house!!
We are lucky to enjoy clear four seasons in eat coast. I am sharing your garden bed with family in UK whee I am past week. It really is beautiful here too spring time.
14 comments:
It does not look to be the same place, there is sea change between summer and fall... . The early summer look very pretty.... :)
Just reverse the order. That is life !
Sort of the opposite of this changing of the seasons:
http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2013/06/there-is-new-software-that-snaps-your.html
Nice pictures!
Very nice! Should show this to Vivek. Vivaldi's Four Seasons is his favorite.
Nice pix!
Nature is always changing right infront of our eyes beautifully. Good that you captured the magic at your own home. Wonderful..!
Cycle recycle. From the Indian climatic view of Hot hotter hottest: It seems fascinating that the plants stay alive under all that snow. Er.. Do you plant afresh every spring do the plants revive every year? How many years do they last?
Beautiful!
You're like Kafka, my friend - what with sharing this metamorphosis!
Gorgeous and profound!
Dear Peabrane - thanks for your note! These are perennials, so, in the Fall when I cut them down, they pop right back up again. I want to say that this garden bed is about 15 years old - it keeps regenerating.
Part of our phased approach to re-organizing this garden bed is to group the plants better. Over a period of time, they tend to jump into each others spaces. For example the 'daisies' and the 'hostas' have dominated the garden and the Japnese Ferns are cowering and losing the battle for space.
Similarly the Lilac has become very 'leggy'.
My wife hates the tiger lilies, so during the weeks they bloom I try to distract her to the east side of the house!!
Thank you for your observation!
We are lucky to enjoy clear four seasons in eat coast.
I am sharing your garden bed with family in UK whee I am past week.
It really is beautiful here too spring time.
thats cool! The flowers are really pretty, and the seasonality of the picture series strikes me as profoundly symbolic somehow.
Great. Now you should put this in a stop motion animation and play the Four Seasons song audio with it and upload it to YouTube.
Post a Comment