I was in the vicinity of Simi Valley in California, just north of Los Angeles for a business meeting and I jumped at the chance to visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
I hope you enjoy this Photo Essay of the Gipper's public home (lifelong nickname of the President after he acted in the role of George Gipp, a University of Notre Dame college football player - 'win one for the Gipper').
My other posts on American Presidents:
President Obama: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013-obama-inauguration.html
President Bush: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2014/02/president-bush-and-good-1.html
President Clinton: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2013/06/personal-impressions-of-clinton.html
President Jefferson: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sage-of-monticello.html
President Lincoln: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2010/02/approaching-lincoln.html
I hope you enjoy this Photo Essay of the Gipper's public home (lifelong nickname of the President after he acted in the role of George Gipp, a University of Notre Dame college football player - 'win one for the Gipper').
I. The Gipper
His Limo license plate read Gipper
II. 'Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!'
A piece of the Berlin Wall is here
III. Jelly Beans
The President kept Jelly Beans at his Desk - a fun trademark
IV. Hop On!
Air Force One that the President used is on display
V. Looks the part
Must be the best picture of any American President ever!
This full size photo overlooks a long corridor leading to the hangar shown above.
VI. Get the votes
Any number of winning, classic political lines
VII. Simi Valley
Beautiful Vistas of the valley from atop the hill
VIII. Nice Digs!
A replica of his Oval Office (I like the color of the curtain...)
IX. Chochkees
One for me and one for my colleague who runs Veterans affairs
X. Hail to the Chief!
Am a fan of the American Presidency (#1 Jefferson, #2 Lincoln)
My other posts on American Presidents:
President Obama: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013-obama-inauguration.html
President Bush: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2014/02/president-bush-and-good-1.html
President Clinton: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2013/06/personal-impressions-of-clinton.html
President Jefferson: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-sage-of-monticello.html
President Lincoln: http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2010/02/approaching-lincoln.html










No comments:
Post a Comment