I was at an amazing gathering at the Ford Foundation yesterday where the premier Foundations in our country acknowledged the importance of Impact Investing as a next step in the evolution of that sector. I was invited to join the conversation as a private sector representative.
The Pope expressed the impact of Impact Investing and then separately David Brooks in the NY Times this week. My colleagues were at the Vatican for the discussion and our work was also cited by David Brooks. We also worked with Rockefeller Foundation on an actual contract.
Since this topic is now in the popular, secular and holy realm, I thought you may be interested in giving this a read ...!
Rockefeller Foundation: http://www.socialfinanceus.org/what-we-do/select-current-engagements/social-finance-drives-landmark-new-york-state-deal
Aspen Institute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9f-AT0iU
As Sir Ronald Cohen says, during the 19th century there was learning about investment returns, in the 20th century about managing returns and risk and that in the 21st century our focus will be about finding the efficient frontier between risk, return and impact.
No comments:
Post a Comment