I visited friends in Dubai to celebrate new year's eve and inaugurate 2016! A memorable trip due to the arrangements of my gracious hosts and a unique city!
Hope you enjoy this photo essay.
Hope you enjoy this photo essay.
I. So much sand....
... and fine to the touch
II. In desert country
... non-deserty 'miracles'
III. They got a mall too....
... in Texas size proportion
IV. ... and an impressive skyline











15 comments:
Welcome back – a whirlwind trip too!
We are stopping in Dubai for 24 hours next month on our way to Thailand. We are staying out on the Jumeriah island on the crescent road.
We won’t have time to get to the desert but plan to go up the Burj Khalifa and visit the grand mosque. I’ve read that the elevator in the Burj is an interesting experience too because it is so fast. What did you think?
You are staying in the best part of town!
LOVE them! I was thinking about you when I heard about that fire…!
Wow! How Beautiful Dubai is J Amazing first pictures in 2016! Happy New Year - All the best in 2016!
What beautiful pictures! You are the traveling man!!!
Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Cool
VERY NICE…I like the flowery house (must smell so beautiful!) and the skyline. BTW, where were you the night of the hotel fire in Dubai (New Year’s Eve) caused by fireworks…….
Thanks for asking Kathy. Nope! I was far away. Although two days later I was able to see the burnt up building up close from the Bhurj Khalifa complex ...
you had an exciting trip. You saw water,sand, greenery, had a feel of breeze ( air) from Bhurj Khalifa and saw fire too..
Amazing!
What?? Dubai??? Why didn't u take us??
Amazing! The place does not even look real to me!
It is always such a pleasure to hear from you.
Wishing all of you a very happy and healthy 2016.
Love the photos.
very cool...definitely a place on my list.
Happy New Year! We all watched the fire at the Address Hotel with amazement – surprised you didn’t get a shot of that, ace cub reporter that you are…….
Thanks for sharing, as always.
Post a Comment