Hope you enjoy the summary of posts throughout 2015. Thank you for all the great conversations on these topics ....!
In red-font below are identified 3 posts - a) the most read, b) the most discussed and c) my favorite. Also, at the bottom are posted summaries of titles from prior years.
2015 Summary of Titles
Arts & Literature - Reviews
Book Review: Waking, Dreaming, Being - Merging neuroscience and philosophy, the author casts new light on the relationship between the self and the brain.
Book Review: Being Mortal - Atul Gawande, a Boston based surgeon and a professor at Harvard has been writing at Slate Magazine and later New Yorker since the 1990s. He received national acclaim when he published a New Yorker article titled The Cost Conundrum.
Movie Review: Star Wars Force Awakens - Wow, does the Force Awaken or what?! This was a terrific visit back to the galaxy far far away, with familiar elements of the series and principal characters in action.
Movie Review: Yes-PK & No-PK - I walked away with almost a schizophrenic reaction to it - one very good, and another equally bad.
Art Review: Catching the Great Hokusai Wave in Boston - Katsushika Hokusai is literally the most famous painter from Japan across the world, and his painting of The Great Wave of Kanagawa, perhaps rivals The Mona Lisa in terms of recognition and attraction.
Travel - Photo Essays
Jaunts in Oxford and London - I was invited to visit Oxford University, at the Harris Manchester college, to participate in a roundtable discussion.
Hola! - my week long trip to Puerto Rico (on work) .... suffice it to say that I stopped and smelled the roses!
Arrivederci ....! - History, culture, food and varied scenic vistas - Italy has got it all - fantastic! (most read post)
Pebble Beach - Pebble Beach is a picturesque as it gets.
Visit to Emerald Bay - I went to Lake Tahoe on a business trip, but found leisure activities here quite breathtaking!
Go Green-Mountains ..... - We spent the 4th of July long weekend in Vermont, which from the original French vert mont stands for green mountains.
A hop to the left-coast - I had an unusually long work related trip to the left-coast that the included the weekend.
Health and Fitness
Check-up from the neck-up - It is clear that we have all pretty much bought into 'Physical Fitness' as a key ingredient to our mix. However, the very most important organ in our body is our brain and we don't much take care of it.
What is our real age? - I would like to share some technology that goes in the opposite direction of aging(hopefully!). In other words, the question that is pursued is, how old are we really?
Better Giving Habits - The topic of giving is very much in the air.
Ten Tips from Hank Haney - During my visit to Lake Tahoe in July, I was surprised to have the opportunity to attend a clinic with Hank Haney for an hour.
Musings
Conversation - Am I Real? - In this conversation a banker tries to keep up with a physicist ...
Seeking Resonance - when two are in conversation, or when a group is in conversation, if all minds are in SYNC, the thought transfer (or energy transfer as it were), between the minds will be effortless. (my favorite post)
Rhythm - A poem
Business Life
The Virtual Reality Lab at Stanford University - I was flying in the air, between buildings and way up above them. I could choose to land on top of one. I could speed up or slow down. I was superman! (ummm... sans the red underwear and cape).
Networking Grid - s social beings, not only do we derive good health through socialization, but also genuine value exchange - of ideas, help and service etc. So networking, which is an often used word in business circles, if properly practiced could be mutually beneficial.
There, but for the grace of God, ..... - How to avoid being personally hurt by all the flotsam and jetsam that is awash in the social media sea today is a potential concern in modern day life, let alone worrying about what it is doing to overall culture.
The Black Tape - I was traveling all week the week prior and my suitcase was falling apart. I made a note to self to get black duct tape from the local hardware store over the weekend coming up, to fix it.
The Pope, David Brooks and The Rockefeller Foundation - Sir Ronald Cohen says that during the 19th century there was learning about investment returns, in the 20th century about managing returns and risk and that in the 21st century our focus will be about finding the efficient frontier between risk, return and impact.
Questions to four futurists - I was enraptured by four speakers and felt like what it might have been like to be at the turn of the previous century when Edison, Bell, Lister and others were helping drive modern innovations for the 20th century.
Memoir
"You can Google that ...." - We were hiking Sugarbush Mountain in Vermont on Saturday, during the 4th of July long weekend. We had veered off the most popular hike route by accident and were by ourselves. (most discussed post)
Life in our small town - Very interesting week! Small town politics!!
Message from Grandparents - I was in Florida, in Boca Raton on business this week. Quite by happenstance during my stay here, I received this this message from my uncle who shared a message from his parents sent in 1969.
The Gecko Story - the chief investment officer of an endowment narrated this story when she was in NYC in a small apartment and was raising her kindergartener.
Right, Said Fred - Over the years with Fred ....
Welcome to Boston 2015 - What a winter!!
Summaries of titles from prior years:
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
In red-font below are identified 3 posts - a) the most read, b) the most discussed and c) my favorite. Also, at the bottom are posted summaries of titles from prior years.
2015 Summary of Titles
Arts & Literature - Reviews
Book Review: Waking, Dreaming, Being - Merging neuroscience and philosophy, the author casts new light on the relationship between the self and the brain.
Book Review: Being Mortal - Atul Gawande, a Boston based surgeon and a professor at Harvard has been writing at Slate Magazine and later New Yorker since the 1990s. He received national acclaim when he published a New Yorker article titled The Cost Conundrum.
Movie Review: Star Wars Force Awakens - Wow, does the Force Awaken or what?! This was a terrific visit back to the galaxy far far away, with familiar elements of the series and principal characters in action.
Movie Review: Yes-PK & No-PK - I walked away with almost a schizophrenic reaction to it - one very good, and another equally bad.
Art Review: Catching the Great Hokusai Wave in Boston - Katsushika Hokusai is literally the most famous painter from Japan across the world, and his painting of The Great Wave of Kanagawa, perhaps rivals The Mona Lisa in terms of recognition and attraction.
Travel - Photo Essays
Jaunts in Oxford and London - I was invited to visit Oxford University, at the Harris Manchester college, to participate in a roundtable discussion.
Hola! - my week long trip to Puerto Rico (on work) .... suffice it to say that I stopped and smelled the roses!
Dawn and Dusk - Pictures of sunrise and sunset around the world taken over 20+ years.
Getty Goes Gehry - This past week, after I landed in Los Angeles, I rented a car and drove north on Rte 405 to Westlake Village for a meeting. As I snaked past the city, I saw the Getty Center to my left, nestled up on the hills.
Arrivederci ....! - History, culture, food and varied scenic vistas - Italy has got it all - fantastic! (most read post)
Pebble Beach - Pebble Beach is a picturesque as it gets.
Visit to Emerald Bay - I went to Lake Tahoe on a business trip, but found leisure activities here quite breathtaking!
Go Green-Mountains ..... - We spent the 4th of July long weekend in Vermont, which from the original French vert mont stands for green mountains.
A hop to the left-coast - I had an unusually long work related trip to the left-coast that the included the weekend.
Health and Fitness
Check-up from the neck-up - It is clear that we have all pretty much bought into 'Physical Fitness' as a key ingredient to our mix. However, the very most important organ in our body is our brain and we don't much take care of it.
What is our real age? - I would like to share some technology that goes in the opposite direction of aging(hopefully!). In other words, the question that is pursued is, how old are we really?
Better Giving Habits - The topic of giving is very much in the air.
Ten Tips from Hank Haney - During my visit to Lake Tahoe in July, I was surprised to have the opportunity to attend a clinic with Hank Haney for an hour.
Musings
Conversation - Am I Real? - In this conversation a banker tries to keep up with a physicist ...
Seeking Resonance - when two are in conversation, or when a group is in conversation, if all minds are in SYNC, the thought transfer (or energy transfer as it were), between the minds will be effortless. (my favorite post)
Rhythm - A poem
Business Life
The Virtual Reality Lab at Stanford University - I was flying in the air, between buildings and way up above them. I could choose to land on top of one. I could speed up or slow down. I was superman! (ummm... sans the red underwear and cape).
Networking Grid - s social beings, not only do we derive good health through socialization, but also genuine value exchange - of ideas, help and service etc. So networking, which is an often used word in business circles, if properly practiced could be mutually beneficial.
There, but for the grace of God, ..... - How to avoid being personally hurt by all the flotsam and jetsam that is awash in the social media sea today is a potential concern in modern day life, let alone worrying about what it is doing to overall culture.
The Black Tape - I was traveling all week the week prior and my suitcase was falling apart. I made a note to self to get black duct tape from the local hardware store over the weekend coming up, to fix it.
The Pope, David Brooks and The Rockefeller Foundation - Sir Ronald Cohen says that during the 19th century there was learning about investment returns, in the 20th century about managing returns and risk and that in the 21st century our focus will be about finding the efficient frontier between risk, return and impact.
Questions to four futurists - I was enraptured by four speakers and felt like what it might have been like to be at the turn of the previous century when Edison, Bell, Lister and others were helping drive modern innovations for the 20th century.
Memoir
"You can Google that ...." - We were hiking Sugarbush Mountain in Vermont on Saturday, during the 4th of July long weekend. We had veered off the most popular hike route by accident and were by ourselves. (most discussed post)
Life in our small town - Very interesting week! Small town politics!!
Message from Grandparents - I was in Florida, in Boca Raton on business this week. Quite by happenstance during my stay here, I received this this message from my uncle who shared a message from his parents sent in 1969.
The Gecko Story - the chief investment officer of an endowment narrated this story when she was in NYC in a small apartment and was raising her kindergartener.
Right, Said Fred - Over the years with Fred ....
Welcome to Boston 2015 - What a winter!!
Summaries of titles from prior years:
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
No comments:
Post a Comment