December 17, 2011

Summary of 2011 Essays

 
                 - A note on communication skills and in particular a key aspect of it, one's signature. 
                - A lament on a Wall Street ethics fallout
                - Reply to my friend's HBR blog  
                - A note on clients 
 
                - Life in the fast lane
                - Top 10 food items I tried on the India trip in August.  
                - Photo Essay of India Visit

8.  Glimpses of Silver Streak
                - Notes on 25th Year School Reunion
 
                - An Italian wine tasting at my friend Raef's place 

10.  Sugarbush 
                 - ah!  a Skiing photo-essay
                - A musing on what variables might drive true learning
                - A bad joke is no joke, a good joke is surely no joke
                - My once year freak-out with existential nausea over our absurd human condition 
                 - Are they incompatible?
                - 6 reflections over 20 years
                 - Know what I mean?! 
 
                 - A guest article by my friend Tim Burke
                - Is there an attitude to life that is worth modeling?
                 - Physics, what a glorious science!
                 - In Boston
                 - In India
                 -  Photo Essay from our visit to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston
                 - ... and how it compares to cooking
           - A genericized write-up on what one wished one focused on at this precious age
                 - My brother Kris' abstract work
 
                 - Hey, gotta have some fun!
                 - Translations of the 14th century Telugu poet's work in collaboration with my Dad
                 - Book review of my friend GB Prabhat's novel, 'Eimona'
                 - Review of a book on dogs
                - That Have Influenced Me The Most
 
                - Review of the classic by Ram Charan and Larry Bossidy
 
                -  What Is Your Calling? An Integrated Hypothesis
 
                -  A Tour De Force by James Glieck
                 - On the quite bad Romans based on I, Claudius
 
                -  Featured in Movies
 
                -  The newest Clint Eastwood fare
                - Top western movies
 
                - The best books and movies on Abe Lincoln, on the occasion of his birthday in February 
                - Great business flicks

40.  49 Up
  -          How to have a universal existential meditation by observing the banal – best of British TV!
 

VI.  Current Affairs and General
               - I don't have a clue about this very important country!  
 
42. Investment in U.S. infrastructure would spur economic growth
                 - Article published in THINK magazine by my brother Kris 
                - On unethical culture
                - Some neat interviews
 
                - One peacock, two peacocks, three peacocks!

                - NYT article that is truly insightful

8 comments:

Jon Currence said...

Wow. Please send me a pdf of this if you can - would like to read it again. I tell you, you have a book deal coming!

Michael Netter said...

Very Impressive! Btw, we live 4 blocks south of Cooper Union… I see it from our window and walk past it everyday. In fact, I have gone to many lectures in its Great Hall. It was built in 1859 and Lincoln was one of its very first speakers in 1860. His address, along with the photograph (beardless) taken by Matthew Brady on the same day, in effect, won him the presidency. Did you know this: he had a voice that was so high, the audience at Cooper Union erupted in laughter when he started speaking, being in such dramatic contrast with his very somber, stark and rough-hewn physical presence. It is not the voice a Raymond Massey would evoke in playing Lincoln, that's for sure.

SSR said...

Congrats! Keep going. . . .

RVK said...

Quite an impressive collection for a busy executive !

Tom Kelley said...

Very good that you are able to keep going on this. My saturday mornings consist of baby sitting my younger one and visiting the bagel shop!

Ram said...

May be you already wrote it. If not, can you please write on why extremely intelligent, talented, well educated and highly accomplished people do dumb things in their lives (and bring all they stand for with this stupidity)? Lately, I am facing a rash of such charecters on both Wall Street, Main Street, Penn State, and Washington (and every where else that you can think of).

I just can not believe what I am reading in the press these days.

Skip Shuda said...

My friend David wrote this blog post about mindfulness and how it relates to flow... I immediately thought of our email exchange from a month or so ago. Hope you are well!

http://integraldynamix.com/blog/

Mike Pelzar said...

Very impressed with your discipline in doing this! I liked #s 1, 5, 12, 16, 17, 18, 33, 35, 45.

Post a Comment