December 26, 2013

2013 Summary of Titles

It was funny when one of you wryly remarked when I sent a similar summary at the end of last year, that you might as well ignore me the whole year, since this summary was going to arrive during the last week in December anyway!

Having acknowledged that, I will admit that the give and take during the course of the year is incredibly energizing and I am delighted we have continued the thrust and parry.

Happy New Year and best wishes for a fantastic 2014!


2013 Summary of Titles
-----------------------------------

I.  Politics and Current Affairs

1.  World War I in 10 pictures - And implications for today.

2.  On either side of the water's edge - We pulled back from the precipice.  Praise the Lord!  And our son learned a lesson!

3.  Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell - Senators have great stories to tell!

4.  Personal Impressions of the Clinton Presidency - About this once in our lifetime, political talent!

5.  Obama Inauguration - We did attend this once in a lifetime experience.  Would I have been hauled away if I had dared to yell 'Mitt would have been better…' ?!

6.  Indian Jurisprudence -  Why do Indians have no juries in deciding their cases?!


II.  Business Life

7.  Larry Summers and the Jataka Tale - I listened to this brightest of economic minds three times this year.  A pity the Dems turned him down for the top post of Fed Chair.

8.  The meaning of work - Why do we put in donkey years?

9.  Act of Valor - All my problems seem to pale in comparison

10.  To Bet on Nyet - Can we say no (and get away with it) ?!

11.  Culture and Personality Types - Does each company self-select a personality type?

12.  Marketing Brands and the Existentialist - What is a brand really?

13.  Communication Modes - in modern life, we have gone way past email communications.

14.  Of Apps and Apples - There IS an App for everything!

15.  Business Families with Impact and Longevity -  They have been around for a looong time!


III.  Philosophy and Science

16.  Our future self -  How will we each look in the future?

17.  Should Atheists Pray?  I meditate on this question.

18.  What do you see?  Well, what do we see?!

19.  System Function -  We are systems … among many.

20.  Counting down to Jim Webb -  How exciting!!

21.  The Fading - We will all lose our minds (well at least half of us)

22.  Great Books on Indian Philosophy - And one stinker!


IV.  Entertainment and the Arts

23.  The English Detective - Who is the best?

24.  12 great tunes from around the world - I have been jamming to these all year.  The Turks Rock!

25.  What a gal! - Jane Austen

26.  House of Cards Redux - Kevin Spacey puts in a fine performance as the twisted US Congressman

27.  Let's BOND it together shall we - The inimitable James Bond and his movies

28.  Sirukural - Trivial musings

29.  Blink and the English Alphabet - An application of Malcolm Gladwell's concept.

30.  Musings - 1986 and again in 2013.

31.  Exhibition - My brother's inaugural art display


V.  Travels and Memoirs

32.  Four seasons in our garden bed - Amazing transformation in a small patch of ground

33.  Mystic Chords of Memory - I have been thinking about the phenomenon and mystery of memory all year.

34.  I aged this week - The Boston Marathon Bombings

35.  Skiing in Vermont - Photo Essay

36.  5 Days in Istanbul - Photo Essay

37.  OPA! - Photo Essay


2012 Summary of Titles

http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2012/12/2012-summary-of-titles.html

2011 Summary of Titles

http://agingonthevine.blogspot.com/2011/12/summary-of-2011-blog-entries.html

No comments:

Post a Comment