I had the opportunity to be in Nashville, Tennessee for a conference this week. Music City! The city, especially downtown, is alive!
I. In the news ...
Nasvhille was in the news this week, with Andrew Jackson being replaced on the $20 bill
In the current political environment, one of the candidates has been compared to Andrew Jackson. Oy vey! NY Times: Donald Trump’s Secret? Channeling Andrew Jackson
II. Old Hickory
Wood from Andrew Jackson's Hermitage 'planted the seed' for Music City
III. Any cowboys around?
I was determined not to leave Nashville without seeing a cowboy hat wearing, horse riding individual.
Not exactly, but ok ...!
IV. How about the music ?
That, there was plenty of!
V. Football too
A rooftop restaurant called Acme, overlooked the river and stadium
VI. Another Music Town
I was in Memphis, TN when the Elvis Presley Stamp was released.
I must have been the only person of Indian origin that evening in January 1993, holding a candle light vigil at Graceland - the rest were seemingly bikers!
I was in Memphis, TN when the Elvis Presley Stamp was released.
I must have been the only person of Indian origin that evening in January 1993, holding a candle light vigil at Graceland - the rest were seemingly bikers!
VII. Parting thought
As I left Nashville, chuckled thinking of Blazing Saddles
Great line from the movie: "Hey there, handsome. Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?"







No comments:
Post a Comment