April 16, 2016

These reward points for real?

I was flying coast to coast luxuriating on 'this side of the curtain,' with my silverware and hot meal, thinking, 'hey, points with this airline get me nice treatment.' 

As I stretched into my ample legroom, I wondered if the folks at Residence Kolluri (Rez KayTM), would treat me the same way, or if they would, were I to cash in 'points.'

What would such a scheme look like? I wondered as we flew over clouds somewhere in the vicinity of Arizona.

Earn points at Residence Kolluri and enjoy amazing rewards

- Change batteries in fire alarm detectors - 50 points (per alarm)

- Take trash out on thursdays - 100 points (200 points in Boston winters)

- Walk the dog - 75 points (depending on urgency, dog awards points too)

- Instantly remember neighbor's name - 175 points (points double if out of zone)

- Don't turn on the TV - 100 points   (50 points for not turning on tablets)

- Attack the clutter in said residence in one energetic swoosh - 1,000 points

It turns out earning these points are easy-peasy (am still on the plane, you see).  But the rewards, oh the rewards are awesome.


Spending points at Residence Kolluri



1,000 points = round of golf on saturday

2,000 points = not needing to declare what is in that big amazon box that went straight to the man-cave

5,000 points = customized order for special dinner from Kitchen Kolluri (90 mins advance notice for Masala Dosa)



That was the demo ....

Feeling flush with a comfortable trip, I got off the taxi at the 'Residence'.  Fred was barking away at the window.

I did my best to employ the how to spend the first 10 minutes with your spouse rule from a recent HBR blog.

She asked, "how was your trip?"

I replied, "you know, usual work stuff." (didn't bring up Pebble Beach resort)

"And the flight?".

"Yeah, domestic airlines, you know? How was your day?"

"Got a bit hairy ..."

"Oh?"

"Well I had to take Fred to the vet, the dumpster guy crashed into the garage wall and there was a mini false-crisis at school.  But all is fine now."

"That's worth a lot of points," I said with a sigh.

"What?"

"Nothing," I replied and we spent a little time debriefing the incidents.

After a respectable time interval, I was getting ready to slink upstairs to the man cave.

She said, "now that you have rested at the Pebble Beach resort, and flew back in comfort in first class, I hope you can get to this list .... "(which started with getting food for Fred).

I smiled brightly, as I took the list, all the time puzzling over, "how does she know?"















15 comments:

RVK said...

Inspiring thought. We can think of such pints for people of all ages and all situations ... perhaps?

Michael Netter said...

Ha! Trying your hand at fiction eh?!

Keith Scheer said...

This is fantastic! And so, true! Thank you for sharing!

Good luck with your list...

GBP said...

Well written!

Bonnie Benhayon said...

I can relate! Very clever.

Jon Currence said...

I love that - very funny and rings true at my home as well.

peabrane said...

Ha. Good one, man cub!

Deepak Edwin said...

Good stuff;)

Am in Russia now.

Tim Burke said...

Very clever… and funny.

OK, so what exactly what was in that Amazon box?

;-)

Surya Kolluri said...

Amazon Echo who goes by 'Alexa'

True story!!

KVS said...

Nice one!

Rajnish said...

Nice try .....

Ruthann Rowan said...

You can dream, right? Women, they are so smart ... LOL

Kathy Petersohn said...

"A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition" - GK Chesterton

Theresa Auletti said...

Great! How DO you come up with this stuff?!!

Post a Comment